How do you succeed when your passions change? Have you had success in your business, but are wanting something more?
The good news is that you are not alone or crazy when you want to pursue new dreams, and in this episode of the Bearded Tog Podcast, I chat with Jasmine Star about her journey from world-famous wedding photographer to becoming a Brand & Marketing Strategist for entrepreneurs and creatives.
Jasmine shares about allowing yourself to grow into the next passion, listening to your gut, and how to prepare for a business transition. It’s a great episode and one I hope you’ll enjoy!
- Wedding photography was a great experience for Jasmine, and she wanted it to remain that way, and not feel like she had to hold onto it and drag it down. Transitions don’t mean you hate the thing you used to do, it just means it’s time for the next chapter of your story.
- The first 3-4 years of running your own business can be really tough. The next 3-4 year you hit your stride and you know you have made it and think about expanding. You go vertically from newbie to professional to seasoned professional to an industry leader. When you get to the peak, you find there’s nowhere else to go in that business because you can’t scale or clone yourself. It’s perfectly okay if you are content and want to stay in that space, but for Jasmine, she wanted to continue to challenge herself and build something and grow.
- When asked the question: “If you could do one thing every day for the rest of your lives and be paid well for it, what would you do?” Jasmine had no answer. She’s come to realize she will always want to pursue new things, and she will probably change her passion a few more times in her life.
- A really good thought exercise the Jasmine recommends is to sit down and picture what an ideal day in your life would look like. Write down your routine of the day, and you’ll discover what kind of life you want to live.
- When you want to pivot, you’ll have to jump in fully and focus on your new vision.
- According to Taylor Swift, “When you chase two rabbits, you lose them both.” It’s difficult to give all your attention to two business at the same time.
- When you change and say you want something else, the universe will test you, and ask if you really want this new thing, be ready for it
- It takes just as much energy to worry about failing as working to be a success.
Connect with Jasmine online
Join The Facebook Group: The Bearded Tog Podcast with Adam Mason
See Adam Mason’s work here: adammason.com