Is your Instagram marketing working for you? As business owners, there is often a common feeling of “I need to be seen everywhere all the time, and post every day ” and that is simply not true.
In this episode of The Bearded Tog Podcast, Dannie Lynn Fountain, a business strategist for creative entrepreneurs, shares her expertise on Instagram marketing, living a nomad lifestyle, and the funny story of how she ended up working for Google. She also gives her insights on how to focus your efforts in social media spaces as a business owner.
- If you are using Instagram as a way to get leads or sales, it must fit into a larger scheme of your online and offline marketing.
- If you are going for authenticity, it’s hard to do that for marketing because you can’t pre-schedule and be consistent with your day to day thoughts and feelings.
- If your goal is growth and selling on Instagram, be sure to have a great looking feed, with pretty pictures that you post to consistently.
- If you use Instagram as a personal journal, you might not get any sales from it. But that’s okay if you’re happy with how you use the platform and aren’t trying to get leads from it.
- You should engage on Instagram by commenting, responding to stories, and sending conversational DMs more than you post.
- Engage with the hashtags your ideal clients are using.
- If you are not a photographer, invest in having photos done of yourself, and edited in the style of your brand so you have images to post. Dannie also purchased a “semi-decent” camera and hired someone to edit the photos she take for her.
- If you have enough time to post consistently with a good strategy to all the social media platforms out there… you probably don’t have enough actual client work.
- Don’t be afraid to step back from posting, or just have an automatic system set for your secondary social media platforms. People eel a pressure to be everywhere at all times, but it more beneficial to focus your energy on one or two places where you know your ideal clients will be.
Connect with Dannie Lynn Fountain online
Join The Facebook Group: The Bearded Tog Podcast with Adam Mason
See Adam Mason’s work here: adammason.com