Do you find it hard to manage your time? Are you always feeling overwhelmed and feel like you don’t have time to do anything you need to do?
Everyone in the world has the exact same amount of time in their weeks. The reason why people will continue to ask “Where do you find the time?”is because they don;t understand that time isn’t found, it’s made.
In this episode of The Bearded Tog Podcast, I explain the first steps for understanding how much time you have, how it’s spent, and how to look at the bigger picture when arranging your schedule.
Adam’s Tips for Time Management
- We all have 168 hours in a week, which is same amount of time each day as Beyonce.
- The cool thing about our time is that we are in control of how we spend it.
- Let’s do some math! If you are working a regular job, 8 hours a day five days a week, and have an hour commute each way and get 8 hours of sleep (hopefully!) each night., then you will have spent 106 hours on those things. The amount of time you have left is 6 hours each weekday, and your weekend days. That’s 62 hours that you have to spend!!! That’s like having enough time for a second job!
- You may say you are always busy and you have commitments during those extra hours, but you are the one deciding how you spend your time.
- Track your hours like you would track how you spend money! Find out how much time you really are spending on your phone. (warning, the number is a bit terrifying!)
- You don’t need to check your phone first thing in the morning. You are only doing it to get a dopamine hit and feel like you are important and wanted. If you have a spouse or partner or children, guess what? They want you! They want to spend time with you! Give your time to them instead of scrolling on the phone.
Time Tracking Apps for Your Phone
Time Tracking Apps for your Mac
Join The Facebook Group: The Bearded Tog Podcast with Adam Mason
See Adam Mason’s work here: adammason.com