The Market at Grelen feels like it’s one big beautiful farm where you and your family can enjoy each other and your special day. There’s little to no cell phone service which helps keep the attention on the beautiful rolling hills and scenic views. Even in bad weather, their rain options are beautiful with a specialized tent that lets in more natural light than normal tents. Lastly, the sun kisses the entire space at the perfect angles for magical wedding photos of couples from the Washington DC area and Virginia.
About The Market at Grelen
Market at Grelen weddings are special. Located in Somerset, VA on the beautiful 600-acre Grelen nursery, The Market at Grelen is a unique destination that offers a destination wedding feel within a 2 hour drive of Washington DC. It’s perfect for those who want to “getaway” but still have their friends and families at the wedding.
In 1990, Dan Gregg founded Grelen Nursery on a cattle farm owned by his family for three generations. The existing nursery’s local demand grew and eventually in 2003 Gregg purchased a 200-acre farm in Somerset Virginia. Now it is one of the largest tree nurseries in Virginia and caters to clients who “demand, and receive, the highest quality and services”.
- 200 Acres
- Can accommodate up to 400 wedding guests
- Beautiful views overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Specifically designed event areas to embrace nature yet elegant aesthetics for weddings
- Customized catering menu is available
- Spotswood Lodge available for bridal parties & families
Available Spaces to Rent
Market at Grelen offers a plethora of wedding and event spaces perfect for any couple, including:
- The Orchard Overlook Tent: 4500 square foot clear top tent on bluestone floor, furnished with round tables and custom chairs. Even in the tent, chandeliers and bistro lights light up the ceiling when the night falls.
- The Stone Terrace: Surrounded by Blue Ridge mountain views and beautiful trees that change colors with any season. My favorite is doing wedding family formals here.
- The Berry Field: A wedding space where there are incredible views of Grelen’s tree nursery and berry patches. Combined with two trees that bookend the ceremony space.
April-June / September & October – $8,000
July-August / November & December – $7,000
- Fridays & Sundays:
April-June / September & October – $7,000
July-August / November & December – $6,000
Contact & Directions
Visit The Market at Grelen website: http://www.eventsatgrelen.com/
Give Directions to The Market at Grelen Wedding Venue: 15091 Yager Road, Somerset, VA 22972
• • •
To learn more about booking your Washington DC Wedding, Engagement, or storytelling session contact Adam via the Contact link in the menu, or email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Adam is local to Washington, DC and is currently booking 2018 & 2019 wedding photography sessions.
Adam Mason frequently travels for wedding, event, and non-profit portrait sessions and has clients from coastal Maui to Iceland. To find out details regarding his upcoming travel dates to a city near you or to book a custom travel session, please contact for more information.