Creating Awesome Work-Life Boundaries
Adam McGuffie is the founder of Joy Ethic in Newberg, Oregon, a husband and dad to two, creating awesome work-life boundaries. He decided to build stronger communities through Joy Ethic after spending ten years in leadership roles.
- Joy Ethic is a creative agency and helps organizations build community between the organization and their constituents.
- Adam talks about being at home; thus, he has the opportunity to have awesome work-life boundaries. For example, he take his kids to the park, and hold his oldest when scared at the dentist.
- Having a career that is a dream is great, but having family time and creating awesome work-life boundaries is more important.
- The best advice someone gave him? Find the best people you can and let them make the decisions.
- He goes into a great deal of detail about his day-to-day. As a result of working a 9 to 5, you realize just how much time you would be missing out on with your family.
- Being able to partner with his wife allows them to share responsibilities with their children. It breaks up the mental load of running a family while still having those important work-life boundaries.
- Don’t let the scarcity mindset be a trap for you, and if you want to go for something, do it because why not go for it? And if it doesn’t work out, you will still have to figure out something anyway.
- Don’t worry about if it works out or not, because you always land on your feet. Try again and reset, and don’t feel bad for yourself or that you’re somehow ruined but not succeeding in your first enterprises.
- Don’t take it personally, but try again and dust yourself off.
- Take an honest assessment of who you are and what your skills are. Your network, and talk to your network to see what the options are.
- One of Adam’s mistakes made in the past? Thinking that there is only one way to do something – like if he’s not booking 50 weddings a year, then he’s not doing something right.
- Most importantly, make decisions based on your values and not on fear.
If you ever feel like you’re late to the game, if you feel like it’s too late to start, or you feel like it’s not going to be a chance for you – this is your episode. Listen in as Adam McGuffey shares his experience with creating awesome work-life boundaries. Find out more about Joy Ethic here.