A Carlyle House wedding is ideal for the couple looking for a classical outdoor reception. It’s no secret, Old Alexandria, Virginia is one of my favorite areas to shoot weddings just like Marc + MJ’s. There is just so much character and charm. In addition, there are timeless wedding venues like Carlyle House – a historic stone mansion built in the eighteenth century. This venue has so much to offer for a gorgeous outdoor wedding reception in Alexandria.
About Carlyle House Wedding Venue
One of Alexandria’s founders, John Carlyle, built this fine example of Georgian style architecture in 1753. Now it serves a historic museum for the community as well as a stunning wedding venue. On top of that, the surrounding gardens are an ideal space to exchange vows. The tented Magnolia Terrace overlooking the gardens is a beautiful place to host a reception in the warmer months.
Quick Facts about Carlyle House Weddings
- Located in charming Old Alexandria
- Build in 1753 by Alexandria founder, John Carlyle
- Tented Magnolia Terrace seats up to 100 people
- Magnolia Terrace is open April 1 – Oct 31
- Beautiful garden for ceremonies
- Bar service available
- Off-site catering permitted
Carlyle House Wedding Costs
- Reception site fees, outside jurisdiction $2,400 + Tax ($144) = $2,544 + $500 Sec. Deposit (Refundable)
- Reception Prices, Friday-Sunday, outside jurisdiction $3,000 + Tax ($180) = $3,180 + $500 Sec. Deposit (Refundable)
- Reception Prices, Monday-Thursday, in jurisdiction $1,800 + Tax ($108) = $1,908 + $500 Sec. Deposit (Refundable)
- Reception Prices, Monday-Thursday, outside jurisdiction $2,200 + Tax ($132) = $2332 + $500 Sec. Deposit (Refundable)
- Ceremony-Only Prices, in jurisdiction $750 + Tax ($45) = $795 + $500 Sec. Deposit (Refundable)
- Ceremony-Only Prices, outside jurisdiction $850 + Tax ($51) = $901 + $500 Sec. Deposit (Refundable)
- Extra Hours $250 per hour + tax ($15) = $265
- In jurisdiction includes: City of Alexandria, Arlington County, City of Fairfax, Fairfax County, Falls Church, Loudoun County
Carlyle House Wedding Photos
Carlyle House’s unique historic beauty offers an elegant outdoor site for a wedding ceremony and reception. Since it is just steps away from charming Old Alexandria, it also serves a great place to take plenty of stunning wedding photos. One of my favorite couples I have ever worked with is Marc + MJ. They had their wedding at Carlyle House one gorgeous (and hot) summer day. Check out their classical wedding photos from Carlyle House.
Visit Carlyle House Wedding website
Give Directions to Carlyle House Wedding Venue: 121 N. Fairfax St., Alexandria, VA 22314
Contact Carlyle House Wedding Venue: 703.549.2997 or email@example.com
• • •
To learn more about booking your Washington DC Wedding, Engagement, or storytelling session contact Adam via the Contact link in the menu, or email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Adam is local to Washington, DC and is currently booking 2017 & 2018 wedding photography sessions.
Adam Mason frequently travels for wedding, event, and non-profit portrait sessions and has clients from coastal Maui to Iceland. To find out details regarding his upcoming travel dates to a city near you or to book a custom travel session, please contact for more information.