Planning an Intentional Life with Lara Casey
It’s the beginning of the new year and we’ve all had our fair shot at looking back on the previous year and thinking “I could’ve done better and accomplished more.”
But how do we live a life of purpose without it feeling like a mundane set of tasks, or that our lives are work? In this episode I chat with Lara Casey, founder of Cultivate What Matters and PowerSheets about how she accomplishes the goals she sets out and empowers others to do the same.
Tips from Lara on Planning an Intentional Life
- We think we want a plan for all of life, but we miss so much when we think there’s a formula or arrival point.
- Come back to the big picture. When you get overwhelmed, ask yourself where you want to be when you’re 80 years old?
- How does the big picture and today align?
- Come up with solutions first, and then figure out which tools you need to use and the platforms which you need to communicate those solutions.
- You cannot do it all – be strategic and cut things off the list!
- Fight hard for your work boundaries. Don’t take every task that comes your way. Everything has to fit into your life, not the other way around.
- Lara takes social media free weekends, and keeps office hours. Place boundaries, know your sense of worth, and you’ll be on your way to planning an intentional life!
Connect with Lara Casey
Join The Facebook Group: The Bearded Tog Podcast with Adam Mason