Pinterest Tips for Wedding Photographers with Sharee Davenport
Pinterest is a free form of marketing for photographers and creatives. Sharee was able to provide for her family through photography and the corporate world until she made enough as a single parent to cover two salaries, and then she took the jump into full time photography. On episode 119 of the Bearded Tog, Sharee shares her Pinterest tips and explains how to start generating income and leads through the platform.
- Set goals for yourself and make sure you’re set up for success for going full time.
- Don’t over pin. You have to do Pinterest right in order to generate leads.
- Pinterest isn’t just about numbers, it’s about generating actual traffic to your website and leads. It’s easy to inflate your numbers on Pinterest, but that’s a waste of your time if you aren’t doing it correctly.
- One of Sharee’s favorite Pinterest tips for wedding photographers is to start from scratch. You can delete everything and start over.
- The best place to start on Pinterest is from scratch.
- Everything on your Pinterest should link back to your website and ultimately to land where you want them.
- Spend the least amount of time to get the best results. Only pin content from your own website.
- If you want to pin for personal use, make your boards secret.
- Make your boards focused on what you do. Ex: Colorado Engagement Photographer, Colorado Wedding Photographer, etc.
- You can use what you already have and build up traffic, leads, and income.
- Keep in mind that Pinterest in a search engine, and the SEO has to back up what you want people to find you for.
Connect with Sharee Davenport