Overlooking Meridian Park, the Josephine Butler Parks Center is a beautiful option for a Washington, DC wedding with a variety of indoor and outdoor options for ceremonies, receptions, and cocktail hours alike. If you’re thinking of having your wedding here, here is an overview of Josephine Butler Parks Center Wedding Cost and Information by Washington DC Wedding Photographer Adam Mason.
About Josephine Butler Parks Center
Formerly the Hungarian Embassy for the United States, the Josephine Butler Parks Center is a spacious Renaissance-revival style mansion boasting 40 rooms and 18,000 square feet of space. Its extensive facilities have undergone a landmark restoration, reviving the mansion to its former glory of the original 1927 Renaissance Revival design, while adapting the facility to provide modern conveniences to make your wedding day stress-free and perfect.
Now referred to as the Embassy of the Earth, the Josephine Butler Parks Center now has a global mission and is home to a growing coalition of partner organizations, providing office space to 10-12 community-based non-profit culture and service organizations.
- Wedding Package Includes:
- Full use of all the Parks Center’s historic spaces including: South Garden, Ballroom, Terrace, North and South Galleries, Bridal Suite w/private restroom, Conservatory, Library, Lobby, Cloak Room, 1st and 2nd Floor Foyers, Event Room, Restrooms
- Eight-hour reservation time
- Unlimited use of a wide array of tables and chairs
- Set-up and break-down of JBPC tables and chairs
- Four fireplaces (with extra fee)
- Audio/Visual equipment
- Professional day-of Event Host
- 1 staging and 1 serving kitchen
- Use of baby grand piano
- Wifi, flat screen TV, VGA projector, and projection screen
- Events center will provide a list of preferred caterers, but outside vendors are allowed
- Alcohol is permitted with proper licensing
- Events center will hold date for 7 days, free of charge
- Walking distance from the U Street Metro and the Columbia Heights Metro stations, both on the Green and Yellow lines
Josephine Butler Parks Center Wedding Venue Cost
- Peak: March 18 – November 14
- Saturday: $7,400
- Friday/Sunday: $5,400
- Brunch (5 hour reservation prior to 2pm) $3,750
- Off Peak: November 15 – March 17
- Saturday: $6,400
- Friday/Sunday: $4,900
- Brunch (5 hour reservation prior to 2pm): $3,550
- All Holiday Sundays charged as Saturdays
- All Holidays incur an additional fee
Contact & Directions
Josephine Butler Parks Center Website: https://www.washingtonparks.net/josephine-butler-parks-center/weddings/
Directions to Josephine Butler Parks Center: 2437 15th Street NW, Washington, DC 20009
Phone Number: 202.462.7275
• • •
To learn more about booking your Washington DC Wedding, Engagement, or storytelling session, contact Adam via the Contact link in the menu, or email directly at email@example.com
Adam is local to Washington, DC and is currently booking 2018 & 2018 wedding photograph sessions.
Adam Mason frequently traavels for wedding, event, and non-profit portrait sessions and has clients from coastal Maui to Iceland. To find out details regarding his upcoming travel dates to a city near you or to book a custom travel session, please contact for more information.