July was a good but tough month! I’ve missed Sara and am glad to have her home! During her entire 6 week program, I probably saw her less than 48 hours. Crazy!
Since living in DC, it’s always been a fun “local” thing to see where everyone watches fireworks from. There are so many different celebrations happening around the area, that at any given time there are 25-40 fireworks going off in and around the city. If you’re on a building tall enough, you can see them all and it’s a unique city experience. I’ve watched from rooftops and harbors, but this time a friend of ours (Jaclyn!) and photographer for the Smithsonian got us on the roof of the Smithsonian Museum of American History!!! It was incredible and we got to see the official fireworks on the National Mall, as well as others happening in Maryland and Virginia!
One thing I’m working on, slowly but surely is my health. I’m the last person I think I need to take care of and although that may seem noble I’m learning that’s not what’s best for me and my family long term. I’ve been slowly transitioning into doing the Ketogenic diet and learning more about my body. I received a DEXA scan which tells me the fat, muscle and bone makeup of my body. It was super informative and also gave me much more insight than I had thought of! Fun fact: Just my bones and muscle right now weigh 190lbs! Now we just need to cut down the fat 🙂 I have another scan scheduled in December and hope to make progress before then!
Of course, we had our monthly #MasonMovieNight and had a plethora of new folks there! The goal is just to invite people to a standing date each month where anyone can invite anyone and relax! This time we watched A Quiet Place. Great movie but not for those not into thriller/horror. Here’s a photo recreating what happened!
I also got to shoot my first wedding at Herrington On the Bay with Kelly & Aaron! Their wedding was amazing! You can see a sample below:
Other July things:
- Had lunch with my friend Sarah Rassi! We’ve been online friends a while and finally had coffee in person! I loved hearing her story!
- We celebrated my college friend Jason’s birthday! Proud of this dude!
- I attended a motorcycle maintenance class at my local motorcycle club. I learned a ton! Taking care of my bike is less about time and more about getting to know the machine.
- I got to visit Phoenixville and see my friends Denny and Chrysta, as well as Tim! It was great to be back in the neighborhood where I went to school!
- Also finished Brene Brown’s The Power of Vulnerability. What an incredibly insightful book.
Top 5 Mason Photography Blog Posts
These are the most visited blog posts on adammason.com this month! These are always changing but it’s fun to see what is loved the most!
- My Sample Wedding Timeline without First Look
- Sample Wedding Timeline with First Look
- Kristen & Alex’s Airlie Wedding
- Planning an Engagement Session on the National Mall
- Susan & Greg’s District Winery Wedding
Top 5 The Bearded Tog Podcast Episodes
These were the top-downloaded podcast episodes this month!
- The Heart Behind Finding Your Niche & Instagram Hacks with Benj Haisch
- Chasing Ideas and Using Your Camera for Good with Jeremy Cowart
- Succeeding when Passions Change with Jasmine Star
- Taking The Unconventional Path and Raising Awareness with Kristi Odom
- How to Make Your Business Last with Mike Morby
• • •
I am a Washington DC Wedding Photographer who photographs unique couples who don’t look like Barbie and Ken. I’m currently booking 2018 and 2019 wedding & elopement photography sessions wherever your heart takes you.
I frequently travel for wedding, event, and non-profit portrait sessions and have clients from coastal Maui to Iceland. To find out details regarding upcoming travel dates to a city near you or to book a custom travel session, see my Travel Schedule!