Kid Noble on Making Connections
Building a career in photography can be a challenge, but music photography is a whole other beast. You have to prepare to do the work and make connections. Traveling portrait, event, and music photographer Reginald Cunningham talks building a career, connections, photographing Lizzo, and more on the Bearded Tog!
Make Connections and Rise Up
- Staying consistent and pushing through is super important when making connections and building a career.
- There’s times when you’ll go to photograph an artist when they just won’t have a great performance, or won’t give you much to work with. You have to see those as a learning experience.
- You can always look up a venue or concert on YouTube and see what the lighting might look like.
- Knowing what’s coming can make you a better music photographer. Be as prepared as you can be.
- Reginald looks up if an artist is left or right handed in order to get the best shots.
- Attention to detail, preparation, and networking are all key for a successful career in music photography.
Connect with Kid Noble
Join The Bearded Tog Facebook group
Follow @thebeardedtog on Instagram
Follow Adam on Instagram @masonphotography
Tave: Contracts, Payments, Scheduling
Photo Booth Supply Co: Salsa Photo Booth