I had the privilege of shooting Andrew + Anna’s wedding at the Morrison House wedding venue in Old Town Alexandria. A historical style boutique hotel wedding venue, it is a perfect location for a gathering of close friends and family. Morrison House maintains its heritage with sophisticated decor and old world charm. I would recommend Morrison house to the couple looking for an elegant yet intimate experience for their special day.
About Morrison House Wedding Venue
Morrison House is a gorgeous 4 diamond, 45-room hotel in Old Alexandria, Virginia. The hotel prides itself on its intimate nature and charm. The Federalist-style building is decorated beautifully to reflect the historical nature of the area while maintaining a modern aesthetic. Charming details like the in-room writing desks and literary-themed lounge make the Morrison House experience extra special.
Ashlar Restaurant, the hotel’s in-house restaurant, and event caterer serves fresh seafood and locally sourced contemporary American cuisine. Wedding couples may choose from an array of set menus or add their own input for a personalized menu. The Morrison House list of wine and premium cocktails and liquors is extensive and prestigious making it an enjoyable wedding venue.
Quick Facts about Morrison House Wedding Venue
- Located in charming Old Alexandria.
- Weddings for up to 64 guests.
- Catering from the on-site restaurant, Ashlar.
- Cocktail receptions for up to 100 guests.
- Sophisticated Federal-style building’s makes for remarkable receptions and capturing memorable moments.
- Complimentary upgrades when you book two or more of your wedding events with us.
- Room blocks in refined guest rooms and suites with pops of whimsy and luxurious amenities.
Morrison House Wedding Costs
- Elopement Package: $7000, 23 guests, ceremony + reception + dinner
- Wedding Package Saturday min. food + beverage $7500, min. room rental $1000
- Wedding Package Friday mi. food + beverage $5000, min. room rental $750
- Plated dinner range $155 – $165 per guest.
Morrison House Wedding Photos
Morrison house has a certain charm and sophistication to it that almost takes you back to another era. I photographed Andrew + Anna as they exchange vows and their small reception of 25 people. Their day was complete with Scottish tartans which suited the historic and traditional nature of Morrison House perfectly.
Visit Morrison House Wedding website: http://morrisonhouse.com/
Give Directions to Morrison House Wedding Venue: 116 South Alfred St. Alexandria, VA 22314
Contact Morrison House Wedding Venue: 703-838-8000 or toll-free at (888) 236-2427
• • •
To learn more about booking your Washington DC Wedding, Engagement, or storytelling session contact Adam via the Contact link in the menu, or email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Adam is local to Washington, DC and is currently booking 2017 & 2018 wedding photography sessions.
Adam Mason frequently travels for wedding, event, and non-profit portrait sessions and has clients from coastal Maui to Iceland. To find out details regarding his upcoming travel dates to a city near you or to book a custom travel session, please contact for more information.