How are we already almost done with February of 2018! That is craziness! February, although the shortest month of the year was full of some fun personal moments and new opportunities to make friends and support some cool causes around DC.
I started off the month with a rare gig, photographing my second Bat Mitzvah at Malmaison in DC. I love stories and this particular family’s story was super cool.
In place of a movie night, Sara and I hosted a little SuperBowl party at our house to watch the New England Patriots faceoff against the Philadelphia Eagles. I made chili, queso and cornbread casserole, while our guests also brought some fun food to nibble on too! It was a fantastic game and although I’m sad the Pats lost, I’m excited for my Philadelphia friends! We’re so thankful for these people in our lives!
Also, as you may have seen on Instagram, I bought a motorcycle! I passed all of my requirements for the proper license endorsement in DC and did lots of research around the area for a great first bike. I’ve put on about 150 miles on the bike and often ride with my buddy @jabinbotsford as well as with some friends from my motorcycle class. I love it! My bike is so loud and brings the old-school vibes that my parents first bikes had. For those wondering: 2008 Harley Davidson Nightster 1200XLN with a K&N intake, Bassani Exhaust pipes and blacked out everything! 🙂 Here’s a photo:
Another big thing that happened in February was I traveled to Miami to attend a workshop of a photographer and business person I deeply respect. I’m thankful for Mason Photography’s success but it’s always fun to plan for the future of what it could be. I also got some time to explore as I love visiting here.
Other February things:
- Attended the Shooting With Shooters LIVE podcast recording at Beyond Studios! It was so great to be with other creatives.
- We saw Black Panther TWICE! It was so good! I’m so excited for this movie and what it means to friends of ours as well as the world. It’s awesome!
- Jabin & I attended the Progressive Motorcycle Show in DC! Got to sit on a lot of different bikes and pick out a few dream motorcycles 🙂
- Sara and I attended another live podcast recording for POD Save The People. It was incredible! Definitely a podcast to check out!
- I did two mentorship sessions through The Bearded Tog for up and coming photographers! Love doing that!
February’s Top 5 Mason Photography Blog Posts
These are the most visited blog posts on adammason.com this month! These are always changing but it’s fun to see what is loved the most!
- Janice & Sam’s NYC Engagement Session This was so fun!
- My Sample Wedding Timeline with First Look – I made a sample wedding timeline to give wedding couples a head start in planning their day! Glad it’s getting some attention this month!
- Jimmy & Mallory’s Chesapeake Bay Beach Club Wedding (Still holding strong from last month!)
- Scott & Christina’s District Winery Wedding!
- The Best Spots to Instagram in Iceland (I guess folks are STILL researching this a lot this month! They want to see the Northern Lights!
Top 5 The Bearded Tog Podcast Episodes
These were the top-downloaded podcast episodes this month!
- Dylan Howell: The Basics of SEO and What You Can Do Today
- Lauren Louise: Systemizing Your Business and Your Brand
- Alicia Ann Photographers: How to Sell More Albums & Intentionally Run Your Business
- Rising Tide & HoneyBook Sexual Harassment Survey Results with Community Support Manager Kait Masters
- Carl Maynard – Building Authentic Instagram Community
Man, February flew by fast! I’m excited for March and hopefully some better weather here in the District! What was your February like?