June was such a fun month, especially as Sara and I settled into our house and new routines. It was busy as summer usually is for me, but especially because Sara started her new Urban Teachers program and moved on campus at Catholic University! She’s been there about 2 weeks and will be there until the beginning of August! It’s an intense program so it’s easier for her rather than making the commute, plus room and board is included in the program so that makes it easier.
I also photographed my 100th wedding! This thing that was a passionate hobby and over the past few years has been able to provide for both Sara and I in countless ways is so incredible and it was a pleasure to hit the 100 wedding mark! We don’t win any awards or anything like that for this, but it helps me in my validate my experience to new clients when I mention I’ve shot over 100 weddings. By the end of 2018, I’ll have photographed almost 150!!! Crazy!
My 100th wedding was Ellen & Brent in Pennsylvania and fun enough, my very first wedding couple was there! They were doing videography for the couple! I thought that was so cool and got me pretty emotional. Here’s a photo of Brent, Ellen, Me and John & Breanne!
I also taught at a meeting through my local Rising Tide Society chapter about Search Engine Optimization or SEO. The turnout for this was incredible and I hope it helped everyone’s businesses so their websites are better!
Photos by Klaire Dixius Photography
Jabin and I rode our motorcycles to Harpers Ferry, Virginia and back! That was a long but fun ride!
Other June things:
• Shot my first wedding at Airlie with Kristen & Alex! Such a cool venue!
• Paul & Tim, friends of mine from college came down to DC to visit!
• Shot my first engagement session where I used an underwater housing on my camera!
• Our friends host a Fajita night! That was cool to catch up!
• The Capitals won the Stanley Cup!! The city was crazy for 2 days after that!
• Lunch with Eric! He officiated our wedding, plus was fun to catch up!
• We had our first movie night in the new house! We watched “The Rock” which is always a fun movie! Plus folks got to see our new place!
A busy month, but incredible month!
Top 5 Mason Photography Blog Posts
These are the most visited blog posts on adammason.com this month! These are always changing but it’s fun to see what is loved the most!
- Kristen & Alex’s Airlie Wedding
- My Sample Wedding Timeline
- Susan & Greg’s District Winery Wedding
- Brent & Ellen’s Rolling Rails Lodge Wedding
- Sarah & Phil’s Tred Avon Yacht Club Wedding
Top 5 The Bearded Tog Podcast Episodes
These were the top-downloaded podcast episodes this month!
- The Heart Behind Finding Your Niche & Instagram Hacks with Benj Haisch
- Chasing Ideas and Using Your Camera for Good with Jeremy Cowart
- Succeeding when Passions Change with Jasmine Star
- Taking The Unconventional Path and Raising Awareness with Kristi Odom
- How to Make Your Business Last with Mike Morby
• • •
I am a Washington DC Wedding Photographer who photographs unique couples who don’t look like Barbie and Ken. I’m currently booking 2018 and 2019 wedding & elopement photography sessions wherever your heart takes you.
I frequently travel for wedding, event, and non-profit portrait sessions and have clients from coastal Maui to Iceland. To find out details regarding upcoming travel dates to a city near you or to book a custom travel session, see my Travel Schedule!